Structural Analysis Technologist
Civil engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals, or may work independently in fields such as structural engineering, municipal engineering, construction design and supervision, highways and transportation engineering, water resources engineering, geotechnical engineering and environmental protection.
- Works with structural engineers and field operations personnel to ensure the structural integrity of building projects;
- Performs structural analyses using finite element analysis on manufactured systems such as gas turbine engines including fuel controls, actuators, electronic engine controls, pneumatic valves, and air turbine starters;
- Studies structures that must withstand loads such as buildings, bridges, vehicles, machinery, furniture, soil strata and biological tissue;
- Assists in determining the root cause of structural stress in equipment, buildings, and other structures;
- Works with outsourced vendors reviewing equipment analyses and test reports and recommending design amendments.
Three-year college program in civil engineering technology