Environmental Engineering Technologist
Civil engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals, or may work independently in fields such as structural engineering, municipal engineering, construction design and supervision, highways and transportation engineering, water resources engineering, geotechnical engineering and environmental protection.
- Undertakes surveys to establish the level of pollution in a given terrain by collecting and analyzing samples of air, soil and ground water;
- Produces environmental assessment reports including displays that convey results through tables and charts;
- Provides presentations of studies to clients and other concerned entities;
- Offers technical engineering support during the planning stages of projects such as wastewater treatment plants to ensure compliance with environmental regulations;
- Performs technical reviews to assess the environmental impact of proposed construction projects;
- Works with clients to develop viable pollution prevention programs.
Three-year college program in civil engineering technology