Electronics Manufacturing Technician
Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the design, development, testing, production and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and in governments and a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries.
- Sets up and operates production or text equipment in various configurations based on product and performance requirements;
- Adjusts equipment or processes based on product or process performance needs;
- Follows drawing and specifications;
- Detects and reports unusual conditions of equipment and documents failings or defects;
- Maintains production equipment;
- Undertakes quality control activities;
- Monitors workmanship and output standards;
- Analyzes errors in electronic design or production processes and provides advice on corrective action;
- Performs in-process and final testing on product;
- Works to continuous improve the process set-up, calibration and test procedures employed in the production process;
- Trains new product assemblers.
Two-year college program in electrical engineering technology