Electronics Design Technologist
Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the design, development, testing, production and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and in governments and a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries.
- Designs, develops and tests electronic equipment and systems;
- Operates computer assisted design systems;
- Tests equipment voltages, loads, and ground faults integrity;
- Prepares electrical design projects including equipment specifications, project controls, cost estimates, materials and labour requirement, and quality control measures to ensure adherence to electrical codes;
- Participates in the inspection, testing, and adjusting of electronic components;
- Calibrates electronic equipment and instruments;
- Provides technical support to sales and marketing staff.
Three-year college program in electrical engineering technology