Electronics Design Technician
Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the design, development, testing, production and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and in governments and a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries.
Occupation Title: Electronics Design Technician
- Designs, develops and tests power equipment and systems;
- Prepares working drawings;
- Installs, maintains, and services electronic equipment;
- Assists inspecting, and adjusting electronic components;
- Conducts regulatory investigations;
- Operates computer assisted design systems.
Two-year college program in electrical engineering technology