Chemical Laboratory Analyst
Chemical technologists and technicians provide technical support and services or may work independently in chemical engineering, chemical and biochemical research and analysis, industrial chemistry, chemical quality control and environmental protection. They are employed by research and development and quality control laboratories, consulting engineering companies, in chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and a variety of other manufacturing and processing industries, and by utilities, health, educational and government establishments.
- Conducts chemical laboratory tests of liquids, solid materials and gases;
- Analyzes data for research purposes, product development, quality control or forensics;
- Assembles and maintains laboratory equipment and supplies;
- Tests products such as food, drugs, water, and solids to determine chemical composition and physical characteristics;
- Runs tests of water, soil and airborne pollutants;
- Prepares reports on the results of chemical procedures or experiments;
- Prepares chemical formulations for use in chemical procedures of experiments;
- Handles radioactive or biologically hazardous materials;
- Engages is radiochemical procedures and spectrometry.
Two-year college program in chemical engineering technology