Architectural Design Technologist
Architectural technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical assistance to professional architects and civil design engineers in conducting research, preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts and in supervising construction projects. Architectural technologists and technicians are employed by architectural and construction firms, and governments.
- Undertakes various design assignments related to building structures individual homes, multi-family dwellings, or industrial buildings;
- Incorporates revisions to existing designs as requested by clients;
- Operates computer-assisted design systems;
- Assists in the development of architectural designs;
- Analyzes technical documents and reports;
- Prepares working drawing in preparation for commencement of construction;
- Writes specifications for materials and processes to be utilized during construction;
- Prepares graphics and drawings for client presentations;
- Provides building code analyses;
- Prepares require statutory documentation for permits, tenders, and construction;
- Integrates the work of other professional into the final project design;
- Provides project management services on appropriately sized assignments.
Three-year college program in civil engineering or architectural technology