Architectural Design Technician
Architectural technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical assistance to professional architects and civil design engineers in conducting research, preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts and in supervising construction projects. Architectural technologists and technicians are employed by architectural and construction firms, and governments.
- Operates computer assisted design systems;
- Assists in the development of architectural designs;
- Analyzes technical documents and reports including local building codes, by-laws, sire requirements as well as space requirements for the planned structure;
- Drafts design proposals for presentation to clients;
- Prepares working drawings;
- Writes specifications for planned structures and dwellings;
- Prepares estimates of costs and listings of quantities of materials for a planned building project based on conceptual drawings;
- Compiles contract and bidding documents;
- Supervises drafters on the project team
- Prepares graphics and audio-visual presentations to clients;
- Operates photographic equipment;
- Constructs architectural display models
- Assists in supervising construction teams.
Two-year college program in civil engineering or architectural technology